This page has information about what guests can expect when they attend a Club meeting. It also outlines what support is available for new members.
What guests can expect when they attend a Club meeting
- to be greeted by the membership secretary or another committee member. They will sit with you and explain the meeting structure and how Toastmasters works.
- to have an opportunity to introduce themselves and explain what brought them to Toastmasters
- to be invited to take part in Table Topics impromptu speaking (it’s not compulsory to take part!)
- the chance to socialise with other members during the supper break
What new members can expect when they join the Club
Toastmasters Pathways programme
Once you join Toastmasters you will enrol in the Pathways learning programme to help you learn communication and leadership skills you need to succeed.
The Pathways programme consists of:
- The opportunity to build up to 300 unique competencies
- 10 specialized learning paths to choose from
- Online content, so that you can learn anytime, anywhere
- Real-world, transferable skills
More information about Pathways is on the Toastmasters International website.
Other helpful resources
- Club website resources
- Speech mentors
- Educational sessions from more experienced Club members (How to structure speeches, How to evaluate speeches etc.)