This page outlines the duties of the meeting Host.
Summary of the Meeting Host role:
- Hosts the evenings meeting and provides support for the Chairperson.
- Ensures the venue is set up before the meeting.
- Confirms any special equipment for speeches is available.
- Welcomes guests and records contact details in the visitor’s book.
- Looks after guests during the meeting and supper break.
- Provides supper for the break (milk, tea, coffee, biscuits).
- Checks the venue is left clean and tidy after the meeting.
- Turns lights off and locks doors.
Before the meeting
- Buy milk to bring to the meeting.
Before people arrive
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before start of meeting.
- Arrange the chairs into rows. Leave an aisle down the middle of the floor.
- Assemble any special equipment needed by speakers.
- Get equipment boxes from cupboard in kitchen.
- Hang up Club banner on wall.
- Arrange visitor’s book, pen and name tags by the door.
- Place charter certificate and Chairperson’s gavel on Chairperson desk.
- Unpack and test Timekeeper’s lights.
- In the kitchen set out tea, coffee, milo, sugar, milk, cups, and biscuits.
- Tell the Club committee if supplies are low.
At the start of the meeting
- Greet guests at door.
- Invite guests to enter their contact details in the visitor’s book.
- Hand out member name tags to those who have them.
During the supper break
- Bring the hot water kettle to the supper table.
- Unwrap biscuits and serve the supper.
- Ensure that guests are being looked after.
At the end of the meeting
- Farewell guests.
- Tidy venue and restack chairs.
- Pack up the equipment box (including Timekeeper lights and name tags).