This page outlines the duties of the Table Topics Evaluator.
Summary of the Table Topics Evaluator role:
- Evaluates the Table Topics speakers.
- Evaluates the Table Topics chair.
Before the Table Topics session
- Download the Table Topics Evaluation template from the Meeting resources section. This will help with your evaluation.
During the Table Topics session
- Use the Table Topics Evaluation Form to record:
- the speaker’s name.
- the speech topic.
- one or two comments about the speech.
- Also comment on the session as a whole.
- Summarise your notes in the commendation/recommendation/commendation format.
- Things to consider:
- Did speaker speak for the whole two minutes?
- Did the speaker use vocal variety or movement in their speech?
- Did the speaker use many filler words?
- Did the speaker answer the question or stick to the topic?
- Prepare your notes about the Table Topics chair in the same format as the speeches.
After the Table Topics session
- Check your evaluation is arranged into the commendation/recommendation/commendation format.
- Check your evaluation also has an introduction, body and conclusion.
- Deliver your evaluation. Time restraints mean the evaluation will be brief. Aim for 30 – 45 seconds per speaker.
- Keep your evaluation in the third person. That way everyone benefits from your feedback.